I´ve been surf traveling for almost 4 years now – mostly by myself – so I thought maybe you´re interested in some tips on how to solo surf travel! here´s a quick recap about the most important things to take off and travel the world alone with your surfboards:
1. Do your homework & learn as much about surfing and it´s challenges before you start your journey!
2. Consider cultural & economical differences, Surfing often requires you to travel to foreign countries, third world countries – destinations that are different to what you´re used to. Do some researches about safety and always respect the culture in the country your surfing in.
3. stay flexible in your traveling planes – don’t plan your trip after surf forecasts, because they´re very likely to change
4. communicate with other people, ask locals or more experience travelers and surfers about their opinion and tips. Google knows almost everything, but only real people can give you a hand.
5. Analyse new spots – before you paddle out in the unknown, make sure you´ve watched the waves and circumstances sufficiently to be safe out in the surf.
and now Take off and go surfing!